The criticisms of the recent absurd comments by Missouri Republican Congressman Todd Akin, who at this writing is his party's nominee to take on incumbent Missouri Democratic Sen. Claire McCaskill in November in a contest he had been expected to win, have focused on his clearly erroneous understanding of the human female anatomy. In a now infamous statement, in which he used the bizarre and unheard-of phrase "legitimate rape," the congressman gave the impression that some rapes of women are not mentally or seriously resisted. This is an antediluvian and misogynistic myth for which there is no basis in fact and...
W#hat do you mean 'what was the real language? I was referring to the second definition for a medical procedure which I posted above, coming from the free dictionary on line. Whether or not someone debates what something is, which in this case is a human fetus, does not change the fact that it is a human fetus. The debate comes as a result of the cognitive dissonance needed to justify the killing of a developing life.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 4 hours ago
- Video: Media loves Sotomayor’s passion Mary Katharine Ham 5 hours ago
- CRS report: The administration has missed 44 of its own ObamaCare deadlines Erika Johnsen 6 hours ago
- Coming soon to the Nevada desert: “BundyFest”? Allahpundit 6 hours ago
- Oh, was yesterday Earth Day? Erika Johnsen 7 hours ago
- Chris Hayes: In a way, abolishing global warming is like abolishing slavery Allahpundit 8 hours ago