The criticisms of the recent absurd comments by Missouri Republican Congressman Todd Akin, who at this writing is his party's nominee to take on incumbent Missouri Democratic Sen. Claire McCaskill in November in a contest he had been expected to win, have focused on his clearly erroneous understanding of the human female anatomy. In a now infamous statement, in which he used the bizarre and unheard-of phrase "legitimate rape," the congressman gave the impression that some rapes of women are not mentally or seriously resisted. This is an antediluvian and misogynistic myth for which there is no basis in fact and...
W#hat do you mean 'what was the real language? I was referring to the second definition for a medical procedure which I posted above, coming from the free dictionary on line. Whether or not someone debates what something is, which in this case is a human fetus, does not change the fact that it is a human fetus. The debate comes as a result of the cognitive dissonance needed to justify the killing of a developing life.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 4 hours ago
- Last straw: ObamaCare now ruining baseball Mary Katharine Ham 5 hours ago
- US reconfirms policy of not paying ransoms to terrorists for abducted Americans Ed Morrissey 6 hours ago
- Jake Tapper: Getting a conviction against Darren Wilson could be an ‘uphill battle’ Noah Rothman 6 hours ago
- NYT poll: 65% of whites, 80% of blacks say police shouldn’t have military-style weapons Allahpundit 7 hours ago
- In effort to shield Obama from criticism on ISIS, White House makes everything worse Noah Rothman 8 hours ago