The criticisms of the recent absurd comments by Missouri Republican Congressman Todd Akin, who at this writing is his party's nominee to take on incumbent Missouri Democratic Sen. Claire McCaskill in November in a contest he had been expected to win, have focused on his clearly erroneous understanding of the human female anatomy. In a now infamous statement, in which he used the bizarre and unheard-of phrase "legitimate rape," the congressman gave the impression that some rapes of women are not mentally or seriously resisted. This is an antediluvian and misogynistic myth for which there is no basis in fact and...
W#hat do you mean 'what was the real language? I was referring to the second definition for a medical procedure which I posted above, coming from the free dictionary on line. Whether or not someone debates what something is, which in this case is a human fetus, does not change the fact that it is a human fetus. The debate comes as a result of the cognitive dissonance needed to justify the killing of a developing life.
- A blessed and happy Easter Sunday to all Hot Air readers! Ed Morrissey 8 hours ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 11 hours ago
- Advice to campaigning Democrats: Maybe avoid mentioning the term economic “recovery” Erika Johnsen 13 hours ago
- Western states debate retaking control of federal lands Jazz Shaw 15 hours ago
- Reflecting on Kelo nine years later Jazz Shaw 17 hours ago
- Video: Obama signs bill blocking Iranian UN envoy from entry Ed Morrissey 19 hours ago