Society is gradually becoming more liberal – or libertine – in many ways, and one of the latest trends is the gradual legalization of marijuana in one state after another. This past election, voters approved marijuana for legal (recreational) use in Colorado and Washington. Marijuana has been legalized for recreational or medicinal use in 13 states, with more states to consider it soon. 15 million Americans are regular users of marijuana, a little over 5% of of the population. It seems problematic to criticize its legalization from a logical perspective considering alcohol, another psychoactive substance, is legal. If it is acceptable...
In response to:
Actual the truth of the matter is, those who smoke are typically so paranoid as to the idea of getting caught on the road that they are more likely to drive safely at the speed limit, than recklessly. The greater danger lies with those under the influence of pharmaceutical drugs who get behind the wheel of a car.
- Israel takes out three top Hamas commanders after cease-fire violation Ed Morrissey 19 mins ago
- Scarborough: Golfing after that statement on ISIS shows terrorists that Obama’s one cold bastard Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- Thursday TEMS: Duane Patterson, Sen. Rob Portman, Michael Caspino Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- That ISIS guy who promised to raise Islamic flag over the White House? He’s dead Noah Rothman 1 hour ago
- Remembering James Foley and his work Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- NY Daily News cover blasts Obama for vacation return after Foley murder Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago