Society is gradually becoming more liberal – or libertine – in many ways, and one of the latest trends is the gradual legalization of marijuana in one state after another. This past election, voters approved marijuana for legal (recreational) use in Colorado and Washington. Marijuana has been legalized for recreational or medicinal use in 13 states, with more states to consider it soon. 15 million Americans are regular users of marijuana, a little over 5% of of the population. It seems problematic to criticize its legalization from a logical perspective considering alcohol, another psychoactive substance, is legal. If it is acceptable...
In response to:
Actual the truth of the matter is, those who smoke are typically so paranoid as to the idea of getting caught on the road that they are more likely to drive safely at the speed limit, than recklessly. The greater danger lies with those under the influence of pharmaceutical drugs who get behind the wheel of a car.
- Report: U.S. accidentally bombed “moderate” rebels in Syria — because their base was right next to Al Qaeda’s Allahpundit 44 mins ago
- Whiplash: Politifact absolves Democrat who repeated…Politifact’s lie of the year Guy Benson 1 hour ago
- VA whistle-blowers receive settlements for retaliation Jazz Shaw 2 hours ago
- Pierson to Congress: White House intrusion will never happen again Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Report: Semi-retired president has skipped more than half of his daily security briefings this year Allahpundit 3 hours ago
- Intelligence warned Obama of ISIS since 2012? Ed Morrissey 4 hours ago