Society is gradually becoming more liberal – or libertine – in many ways, and one of the latest trends is the gradual legalization of marijuana in one state after another. This past election, voters approved marijuana for legal (recreational) use in Colorado and Washington. Marijuana has been legalized for recreational or medicinal use in 13 states, with more states to consider it soon. 15 million Americans are regular users of marijuana, a little over 5% of of the population. It seems problematic to criticize its legalization from a logical perspective considering alcohol, another psychoactive substance, is legal. If it is acceptable...
In response to:
Actual the truth of the matter is, those who smoke are typically so paranoid as to the idea of getting caught on the road that they are more likely to drive safely at the speed limit, than recklessly. The greater danger lies with those under the influence of pharmaceutical drugs who get behind the wheel of a car.
- Building blocks of the GOP Senate majority coming together Noah Rothman 53 mins ago
- Jim Webb: I’m seriously thinking of running for president as a Democrat Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- Climate change so important that cable news ignored Obama’s UN speech Noah Rothman 2 hours ago
- Bill O’Reilly: Why not raise a 25,000-man global mercenary army to fight ISIS? Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- Video: Semi-retired president now saluting Marines with coffee in hand Allahpundit 3 hours ago
- Video: MNsure renewal process nonexistent Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago