Society is gradually becoming more liberal – or libertine – in many ways, and one of the latest trends is the gradual legalization of marijuana in one state after another. This past election, voters approved marijuana for legal (recreational) use in Colorado and Washington. Marijuana has been legalized for recreational or medicinal use in 13 states, with more states to consider it soon. 15 million Americans are regular users of marijuana, a little over 5% of of the population. It seems problematic to criticize its legalization from a logical perspective considering alcohol, another psychoactive substance, is legal. If it is acceptable...
In response to:
Actual the truth of the matter is, those who smoke are typically so paranoid as to the idea of getting caught on the road that they are more likely to drive safely at the speed limit, than recklessly. The greater danger lies with those under the influence of pharmaceutical drugs who get behind the wheel of a car.
- Gallup poll shows Tea Party supporters the most motivated to vote Ed Morrissey 11 mins ago
- Red line? ISIS used chemical weapons against Iraqi army Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Rise of Ebola and terrorism a perfect storm for the GOP? Noah Rothman 2 hours ago
- Report: Ebola cases starting to drop in Liberia Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- Not exactly self-isolation: Ebola patient’s itinerary prompts questions about protocols Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago
- Does Georgia vote Democratic in 2014? Noah Rothman 4 hours ago