Society is gradually becoming more liberal – or libertine – in many ways, and one of the latest trends is the gradual legalization of marijuana in one state after another. This past election, voters approved marijuana for legal (recreational) use in Colorado and Washington. Marijuana has been legalized for recreational or medicinal use in 13 states, with more states to consider it soon. 15 million Americans are regular users of marijuana, a little over 5% of of the population. It seems problematic to criticize its legalization from a logical perspective considering alcohol, another psychoactive substance, is legal. If it is acceptable...
In response to:
To suggest that it is more carcinogenic than cigarettes is absolutely ridiculous. The truth of the matter is, 'weed' has far more applications than any other substance, other than the ingestion thereof. And the real issues is the Federal Governments overstepping of it's true boundaries, by declaring a 'war on drugs', which has done nothing but organize the criminal distribution thereof, and side step the 10th amendment.
- Wes Clark: Clinton had an opportunity to go in on the ground to get Bin Laden but it was “a lot of logistics” Allahpundit 42 mins ago
- I guess we need to talk about Joe Biden skinny dipping, huh? Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- Obama: This congressional deadlock on immigration means “I’m going to have to act alone” Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- TEMS Friday: Guest hosting the Hugh Hewitt Show Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Obama overrules Senate, declares CIA’s Bush-era tactics ‘torture’ Noah Rothman 2 hours ago
- Another liberal attempt to force you to share in their humorless misery fails Noah Rothman 3 hours ago