Society is gradually becoming more liberal – or libertine – in many ways, and one of the latest trends is the gradual legalization of marijuana in one state after another. This past election, voters approved marijuana for legal (recreational) use in Colorado and Washington. Marijuana has been legalized for recreational or medicinal use in 13 states, with more states to consider it soon. 15 million Americans are regular users of marijuana, a little over 5% of of the population. It seems problematic to criticize its legalization from a logical perspective considering alcohol, another psychoactive substance, is legal. If it is acceptable...
In response to:
I know there are a lot of misconceptions regarding marijuana, but i didn't think someone would cover all of them in a single article and try to pass it off as fact. To imply that "marijuana contains more than 400 known chemicals." And that "It has 50% to 70% more cancer-causing substances than tobacco." Is such an absurd statement, and completely based on heresy. Any time marijuana contains an assortment of chemicals, it has be tampered with, or 'laced' with something else, as is the case with anything genetically modified. And there was a medical study conducted under the Nixon administration in the 70s, testing the use effects of marijuana on brain cancer, and it was found that it destroyed the cancer cells.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 3 hours ago
- Rubio: Only one nation can stand up to the wave of totalitarianism Ed Morrissey 4 hours ago
- HHS: Why, no, we are not measuring the very metric ObamaCare was passed to improve Mary Katharine Ham 5 hours ago
- Video: Meet your 2014 CPAC blogger of the year Allahpundit 6 hours ago
- Carney: Why no, Obama does not regret being dismissive of Mitt Romney on Russia Erika Johnsen 7 hours ago
- Brutal: Just one in 10 uninsured who qualify for ObamaCare exchange plans has signed up Allahpundit 8 hours ago