Society is gradually becoming more liberal – or libertine – in many ways, and one of the latest trends is the gradual legalization of marijuana in one state after another. This past election, voters approved marijuana for legal (recreational) use in Colorado and Washington. Marijuana has been legalized for recreational or medicinal use in 13 states, with more states to consider it soon. 15 million Americans are regular users of marijuana, a little over 5% of of the population. It seems problematic to criticize its legalization from a logical perspective considering alcohol, another psychoactive substance, is legal. If it is acceptable...
In response to:
I know there are a lot of misconceptions regarding marijuana, but i didn't think someone would cover all of them in a single article and try to pass it off as fact. To imply that "marijuana contains more than 400 known chemicals." And that "It has 50% to 70% more cancer-causing substances than tobacco." Is such an absurd statement, and completely based on heresy. Any time marijuana contains an assortment of chemicals, it has be tampered with, or 'laced' with something else, as is the case with anything genetically modified. And there was a medical study conducted under the Nixon administration in the 70s, testing the use effects of marijuana on brain cancer, and it was found that it destroyed the cancer cells.
- More non-existent voter fraud tuns up in Virginia Jazz Shaw 30 mins ago
- AFP Defending the Dream Summit: Day 1 Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 10 hours ago
- Citizen legislator Sen. Mary Landrieu doesn’t really live in Louisiana Mary Katharine Ham 11 hours ago
- Democrats go after Republican for self-defense measure he took…14 years ago Matt Vespa 11 hours ago
- Rubio: If I had to vote again on my Gang of Eight immigration bill, I’d vote no Allahpundit 12 hours ago