After the grisly massacre in Colorado no one will attend weekend showings of The Dark Knight Rises with expectations of a rollicking, uplifting, feel-good night at the movies. But even before its association with horrifying images of real-life mass murder, this final installment in the current Batman series suffered from serious deficiencies in terms of its fun factor. It’s wrong to suggest that the movie provoked the killings in its midnight Aurora premiere, but those crimes do, in a sense, expose the nihilistic darkness at the heart of the film...
There is a cure. Our forefathers knew it well and even ensrined it in our Constitution. "A well regulated militia, (thats trained not government controlled btw) being necessesary to a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed." Those people in that theater were certainly not free while the shooter controlled their actions. Had they all been armed, as intended by our founders, the shooter would not have walked in. Shooters like him LIKE "gun-free zones"
Editors' note: this column originally appeared at the Daily Beast.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 32 mins ago
- Meet the laywers defending “campus rapists” Jazz Shaw 2 hours ago
- Iran executes 967th person under Hassan Rouhani. And it’s a woman Jazz Shaw 3 hours ago
- Chris McDaniel appeal rejected in state supreme court Jazz Shaw 5 hours ago
- Video: Palin-bashing CNN anchor claimed Michelle Obama signed bill into law Ed Morrissey 6 hours ago
- Everything is changing after Ferguson, and it should Jazz Shaw 8 hours ago