Poverty

Vic156 Wrote: Oct 08, 2014 7:20 PM
Corbett, even if they were major PR campaigns they still bought real things and produced real results. Results that redound to the benefit of everyone on Earth today.

Poverty

Vic156 Wrote: Oct 08, 2014 7:14 PM
Below, Stuart 95 wrote the following: And by what authority* did the government blow $109 billion of today's dollars to do something as useless as putting a man on the moon for 10 or 15 minutes? In retrospect, don't you wish they had spent that money on something else or, better yet, let the taxpayers spend that money on something else, something a little more practical? * Probably the same authority under which they just spent a couple of trillion dollars on TARP, too-big-too-fail bailouts, and quantitative easing (the latter of which I predict will eventually be uncovered as the largest contributor to income inequality in history). Since putting a man on the moon could be seen as a part of the defense budget (a rocket may not need to be moon capable to launch an ICBM but proving we could go to the moon meant that there was no doubt that we could launch an ICBM) I say nonsense to your first point and that your second point while valid has nothing to do with the first!

Poverty

Vic156 Wrote: Oct 08, 2014 7:10 PM
Nor should the govt, having given benefits take them away at a rate that in essence equals more than 100% taxation for people who try to escape the spiderweb of govt dependency.

Poverty

Vic156 Wrote: Oct 08, 2014 7:08 PM
Capt Pam, I think you are misreading this. Maybe... I don't care what Walmart pays its employees. What i wish they did was employ more people but they won't because it costs too much in various ways. Why do I wish they employed more people? 'Cause while I don't need someone hovering over me waiting for me to buy something I'd also like to be able to find someone who knows where they hid item x that I want! But the main thing that I thought that the comment got correct was that the govt should not be offering 'benefits' that in essence supplement substandard wages or jobs.

Poverty

Vic156 Wrote: Oct 08, 2014 7:03 PM
Below a typical libturd carps about the moon (Apollo program) landings. Saying that the govt had no business doing such a thing. Yet the idiot is using the internet and a personal computer that are both direct descendants of the technology that was developed for the Apollo program. I'd also bet that he has a cell phone in his pocket, and a pocket calculator that cost less than a dollar. I have a scientific calculator that is better than the computers that were in the Apollo capsules that I can carry in my pocket and I love my Laptop computer. Give me programs like the Apollo program any day and stop giving my money to people who are lazy!

Harry Reid: Public Enemy No. 1

Vic156 Wrote: Oct 05, 2014 11:05 PM
travesty...?

You Can't Teach Liberals Anything

Vic156 Wrote: Oct 05, 2014 10:57 PM
See my above comment on the actual result of communism.

You Can't Teach Liberals Anything

Vic156 Wrote: Oct 05, 2014 10:57 PM
The communist says to people: Everyone should put everything they produce into one storehouse so that no one will go hungry. When someone asks who will guard the storehouse the communist replies that he is obviously the most qualified. After all he knows what is fair and what is not... The net result is that the communist ends up owning everything and pays some few people to go out and make sure that no one kept anything back. Isn't there a proverb that says not to put all your eggs in one basket? Isn't communism essentially asking us to put all our eggs in one basket?

Harry Reid: Public Enemy No. 1

Vic156 Wrote: Oct 05, 2014 10:18 PM
yep so the budget keeps growing at 10-12% while the rest of the nation hopes that BH0 doesn't get his final wish and see the crash of the system.

Harry Reid: Public Enemy No. 1

Vic156 Wrote: Oct 05, 2014 10:16 PM
Why have we allowed such a travetey?

Harry Reid: Public Enemy No. 1

Vic156 Wrote: Oct 05, 2014 10:15 PM
Trucker, In another time such an accusation would have been met on the mall with pistols at 30 paces!