This could make for one hell of a drinking game. Step one: Republicans propose an idea that high-ranking Democrats have explicitly supported in the very recent past. Step two: Democrats unceremoniously dump all over the idea, calling it "unacceptable," "dead on arrival," or whatever the dismissive pejorative of the day may be. Step three: Drink (and I've got just the beverage in mind for this occasion). The trouble is that by this stage in our interminable cliff charade, everyone involved would be too wasted to negotiate any further -- which actually might not be the worst thing in...
Yep, Boehner's strategy may turn out to be brilliant (assuming he isn't really serious about any of these and is simply calling Obama's bluff; it's game over for him if they go for one of them). Obama wants 1 of 2 things: To meet at a table and have Boehner say, "yes sir, you're right, let's do whatever you want" so they can equally share blame in the collapse OR to go over the cliff and blame it on the Republicans for not doing it his way. Now, there are too many useful idi0ts in 2012, who believe it's all on the rich. If it's the cliff, your taxes go up. If it's the rich, your prices on stuff go up. You WILL pay more.
- Next co-host of “The View”: Meghan McCain? Allahpundit 26 minutes ago
- ObamaCare premiums in MN heading for double-digit increases? Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Finally: Obama nominated for his first Emmy Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- IRS employee suspended for urging taxpayers to ‘reelect President Obama’ Noah Rothman 2 hours ago
- TEMS Thursday: Duane Patterson, Shannon Goessling, Kurt Schlichter Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Video: Unhinged pro-abortion protester knows little about human biology … or criminal law Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago