As I wrote yesterday, Dianne Feinstein's "assault weapons" bill is pretty much dead. Why? Harry Reid won't bring it to the floor for a vote as part of a larger gun control package but has given Feinstein the option to offer the legislation as an amendment. Why? Because he couldn't round up even 40 votes, which means a dozen Democrats (not just those evil Republicans) were planning to vote against it. Reid's move to not bring the legislation to the floor caused CNN's Piers Morgan, who has been using the Sandy Hook tragedy to boost his pathetic ratings, to have...
Since March 1, 2010, there have been 16 reported school killings worldwide. Ten of those were with cutting object from small knives to swords. One was with a hammer and gasoline. Only FIVE were with a firearm. How exactly will banning any firearm prevent the majority of those, and how many of the minority firearm incidents would have been committed another way???? Answer: 15 or 16 would have happened and it is utterly ridiculous to assume removing firearms will make a difference. A weapon is a tool; the intent behind its use determines criminality. It IS criminal to remove the ability of normal citizens to defend themselves.
- MSNBC host debates Michele Fiore on Bundy ranch. Does not fare well. Jazz Shaw 1 hour ago
- A Trojan Horse on amnesty in the defense bill? Jazz Shaw 3 hours ago
- Video: How to get kicked out of a Clay Aiken fundraiser Jazz Shaw 4 hours ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 17 hours ago
- U.S. to announce ground troops to Poland, says… Polish defense minister Mary Katharine Ham 18 hours ago
- Rand Paul to Harry Reid: Simmer down with the “domestic terrorist” rhetoric about Bundy’s supporters Allahpundit 19 hours ago