As Pastor Brian Lee points out in his article "Freedom of Religion Requires Freedom to Offend," to be a person of faith in America means being a person who is prepared to...
There is no place for Muslims in the US. Islam's world view is incompatible with ours. Remember, when the First Amendment was adopted Muslims lived in Asia Minor and Africa. The idea that they would come to Western Europe and America was unthinkable. Even the indigenous Indian nations were not part of the US, but considered foreign nations. The First Amendment did not apply to them. The only religion practiced in the US in 1789, was Christianity and it had numerous denominations. The First Amendment guaranteed that all of those could be practiced, but not one of them would be the 'State" religion. One has to ask if the First Amendment would be written as is, if it was known that Asian religions could come to the US.
The violent response to an anti-Muslim movie has cast the subject of religious tolerance into the limelight. Is Islam a religion that can tolerate criticism? Can Muslims bear up gracefully when their religion is insulted? As I wrote last week, when it comes to Islam as practiced and understood in much of the Middle East, the short answer to these questions appears to be "no."
- Breaking: New White House fence-jumper taken down by K9s, apprehended Mary Katharine Ham 42 mins ago
- Debbie Wasserman Schultz: Barack who? Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- What election? Network news gives up on covering midterms Noah Rothman 1 hour ago
- Could Oregon’s First Lady sink the Governor next month? Jazz Shaw 2 hours ago
- Oh my: Cory Gardner 46, Mark Udall 39 in Colorado Senate race Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- Conservative Jeb Hensarling: The GOP agenda next year should include a “vibrant” guest-worker program for low-skilled workers Allahpundit 3 hours ago