As Pastor Brian Lee points out in his article "Freedom of Religion Requires Freedom to Offend," to be a person of faith in America means being a person who is prepared to...
There is no place for Muslims in the US. Islam's world view is incompatible with ours. Remember, when the First Amendment was adopted Muslims lived in Asia Minor and Africa. The idea that they would come to Western Europe and America was unthinkable. Even the indigenous Indian nations were not part of the US, but considered foreign nations. The First Amendment did not apply to them. The only religion practiced in the US in 1789, was Christianity and it had numerous denominations. The First Amendment guaranteed that all of those could be practiced, but not one of them would be the 'State" religion. One has to ask if the First Amendment would be written as is, if it was known that Asian religions could come to the US.
The violent response to an anti-Muslim movie has cast the subject of religious tolerance into the limelight. Is Islam a religion that can tolerate criticism? Can Muslims bear up gracefully when their religion is insulted? As I wrote last week, when it comes to Islam as practiced and understood in much of the Middle East, the short answer to these questions appears to be "no."
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 5 hours ago
- Video: President shops at Gap same day his party loses bellwether election in swing state Mary Katharine Ham 6 hours ago
- Sheila Jackson Lee: We’ve lasted some 400 years operating under the Constitution… Erika Johnsen 7 hours ago
- Sebelius: Why, no, we have no idea who’s paid for their ObamaCare plans Mary Katharine Ham 7 hours ago
- Tesla: Chris Christie’s administration just blocked us from selling our cars in New Jersey Allahpundit 8 hours ago
- Obama to Putin: It’s not too late to rethink this Crimea thing, you know Allahpundit 9 hours ago