Williams, You are way smarter than me. And you for sure know economics better than I. But I do not understand the correlation of this article to your summation sentence, "we must do a better job of selling our ideas." What does that have to do with price gouging? or Hurricanes? And I disagree..we SOLD our ideas. We sold them down the river for a bowl of pottage. We got nothin in return. The general masses are too stupid to understand free market, and too stupid to understand what they have lost. Our ideas will regain popularity in oh, about 50 years or so. A new generation will say, "hey, lets try this." And the old folks will say, "we told you so."
Here's a which-is-better question for you. Suppose a New Jersey motel room rented for $125 a night prior to Hurricane Sandy's devastation. When the hurricane hits, a husband, wife and their two youngsters might seek the comfort of renting two adjoining rooms. However, when they arrive at the motel, they find that rooms now rent for $250. At that price, they might decide to make do with one room. In my book, that would be wonderful. That decision would make a room available for another family who had to evacuate Sandy's wrath. New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie and others condemn this...
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 7 hours ago
- Sally Kohn: How can Israel supporters argue the IDF’s violence is justified, but Hamas’ isn’t? Guy Benson 7 hours ago
- Most transparent administration ever closes Apollo 11 anniversary event to press Mary Katharine Ham 8 hours ago
- Chuck Schumer: What say we have fully open primaries from now on? Allahpundit 9 hours ago
- Univision anchor: No government should be in the business of deporting children Allahpundit 9 hours ago
- Florida dad who beat son’s alleged molester to a pulp: I went to get a butcher knife to finish him off Allahpundit 10 hours ago