Before the September 11th attack on the US Consulate in Benghazi, which left four Americans dead, there were more than 230 security incidents between June 2011 and July 2012. After the October 2011 rebellion that overthrew Qaddafi, which ended his four-decade long authoritarian rule over the country, Libya became a security vacuum -- a problem “much bigger than a few rogue militants" and one that Amb. Stevens discussed in his personal journal found at the site. In it he talked about the security threats in the country - particularly in Benghazi - and the rise of Islamic extremism, the...
- Cover Oregon’s chief tech official resigns; site has signed up exactly zero people Erika Johnsen 34 minutes ago
- Video: Obama is the Loser of the Year, says … Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Open thread: Man to survey smoking ruins of his credibility in year-end press conference Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- The Ed Morrissey Show: Duane “Generalissimo” Patterson & the Week in Review Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Yet another reason to get rid of the Renewable Fuel Standard: So much fraud. Erika Johnsen 3 hours ago
- WaPo: WH justification of NSA surveillance programs “unraveling” Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago