Mitt is going to lose for the simple reason that in order to win the general election he must follow the rules that every president has over the last thirty years-he must pivot to the center. He cannot do this because he ran to the right of everybody else to get the conservative base who all by itself will not win the election for him. Enjoy another four years of President Obama!
Michael Gerson, President Bush's speechwriter, believes Mitt Romney is performing poorly among women because "women and independents want some reassurance that Republicans give a damn about someone other than Republican primary voters."
Fair enough. Of course, that's the nature of a primary . . . you need to be able to win a majority of "Republican primary voters" if you are going to, ahem, win the primaries. But with Santorum's withdrawal, now it's a whole new ballgame.
Of course, there's little to disagree with in Gerson's general admonition that "One of the best ways to...
- Welfare reform is officially on life support in NYC Jazz Shaw 3 minutes ago
- Why won’t the White House explain how off-budget ObamaCare money got spent? Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Are bans on high capacity magazines constitutional? Jazz Shaw 3 hours ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 14 hours ago
- EPA exonerates Christie administration in obscure bridge-related offense someone made up Mary Katharine Ham 15 hours ago
- California energy companies are getting the heck outta’ dodge and moving to Texas Erika Johnsen 16 hours ago