Mitt is going to lose for the simple reason that in order to win the general election he must follow the rules that every president has over the last thirty years-he must pivot to the center. He cannot do this because he ran to the right of everybody else to get the conservative base who all by itself will not win the election for him. Enjoy another four years of President Obama!
Michael Gerson, President Bush's speechwriter, believes Mitt Romney is performing poorly among women because "women and independents want some reassurance that Republicans give a damn about someone other than Republican primary voters."
Fair enough. Of course, that's the nature of a primary . . . you need to be able to win a majority of "Republican primary voters" if you are going to, ahem, win the primaries. But with Santorum's withdrawal, now it's a whole new ballgame.
Of course, there's little to disagree with in Gerson's general admonition that "One of the best ways to...
- Video: Pete Hegseth on VA scandal, ISIS threat at AFP’s Defending the Dream summit Ed Morrissey 29 mins ago
- California Dem moves to outlaw some civilian body armor Jazz Shaw 1 hour ago
- Don’t count Rob Ford out just yet Jazz Shaw 3 hours ago
- New York’s new gun laws returning unexpected results Jazz Shaw 4 hours ago
- WaPo: Say, this President doesn’t seem terribly competent at foreign policy, huh? Ed Morrissey 6 hours ago
- On the dismissal of the Chris McDaniel challenge in Mississippi Jazz Shaw 7 hours ago