Mitt is going to lose for the simple reason that in order to win the general election he must follow the rules that every president has over the last thirty years-he must pivot to the center. He cannot do this because he ran to the right of everybody else to get the conservative base who all by itself will not win the election for him. Enjoy another four years of President Obama!
Michael Gerson, President Bush's speechwriter, believes Mitt Romney is performing poorly among women because "women and independents want some reassurance that Republicans give a damn about someone other than Republican primary voters."
Fair enough. Of course, that's the nature of a primary . . . you need to be able to win a majority of "Republican primary voters" if you are going to, ahem, win the primaries. But with Santorum's withdrawal, now it's a whole new ballgame.
Of course, there's little to disagree with in Gerson's general admonition that "One of the best ways to...
- Obama hits 40% approval in AP poll, loses ground on foreign policy Ed Morrissey 31 mins ago
- July jobs report: 209,000 jobs added, jobless rate 6.2% Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Report: New House bill on border crisis will limit Obama’s power to expand executive amnesty to new illegals Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- Democrats celebrate ‘midterm gift’ of GOP’s failure to pass border bill Noah Rothman 2 hours ago
- Eric Cantor gives up, will resign from Congress early Noah Rothman 3 hours ago
- 72-Hour ceasefire in Gaza lasted just 90 minutes Noah Rothman 3 hours ago