Mitt is going to lose for the simple reason that in order to win the general election he must follow the rules that every president has over the last thirty years-he must pivot to the center. He cannot do this because he ran to the right of everybody else to get the conservative base who all by itself will not win the election for him. Enjoy another four years of President Obama!
Michael Gerson, President Bush's speechwriter, believes Mitt Romney is performing poorly among women because "women and independents want some reassurance that Republicans give a damn about someone other than Republican primary voters."
Fair enough. Of course, that's the nature of a primary . . . you need to be able to win a majority of "Republican primary voters" if you are going to, ahem, win the primaries. But with Santorum's withdrawal, now it's a whole new ballgame.
Of course, there's little to disagree with in Gerson's general admonition that "One of the best ways to...
- Dems: We’re keeping Pelosi even if we lose Ed Morrissey 37 mins ago
- Shaheen approves of Obama except when she doesn’t Jazz Shaw 1 hour ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 10 hours ago
- Kochs’ next dastardly deed: Creating good public defenders for low-income accused Mary Katharine Ham 11 hours ago
- Reading the early voting tea leaves: Republicans closing the gap Mary Katharine Ham 11 hours ago
- White House to red-state Democrats: Don’t blame Precious if you lose Allahpundit 12 hours ago