President Bush 41 epitomized these betrayals when he broke his "read my lips, no new taxes" pledge. He paid the price when he quickly went from high approval ratings as president to someone defeated for reelection by a...
For the first time in my lifetime the 4th of July was an occasion not for celebration, but of mourning, as I believe Justice Roberts has just proclaimed freedom's death knell for all Americans.
Betrayal is hard to take, whether in our personal lives or in the political life of the nation. Yet there are people in Washington -- too often, Republicans -- who start living in the Beltway atmosphere, and start forgetting those hundreds of millions of Americans beyond the Beltway who trusted them to do right by them, to use their wisdom instead of their cleverness.
- Quote of the day Allahpundit 9 hours ago
- Big Labor: ObamaCare is making income inequality worse, you know Erika Johnsen 11 hours ago
- Reading 2.0: There’s an app for that Jazz Shaw 12 hours ago
- China draws its own “red line” …on North Korea Erika Johnsen 14 hours ago
- IRS to give up, release all Lerner e-mails, documents Jazz Shaw 15 hours ago
- Ukraine: Another 3 AM wake-up call going unheeded Ed Morrissey 17 hours ago