President Bush 41 epitomized these betrayals when he broke his "read my lips, no new taxes" pledge. He paid the price when he quickly went from high approval ratings as president to someone defeated for reelection by a...
For the first time in my lifetime the 4th of July was an occasion not for celebration, but of mourning, as I believe Justice Roberts has just proclaimed freedom's death knell for all Americans.
Betrayal is hard to take, whether in our personal lives or in the political life of the nation. Yet there are people in Washington -- too often, Republicans -- who start living in the Beltway atmosphere, and start forgetting those hundreds of millions of Americans beyond the Beltway who trusted them to do right by them, to use their wisdom instead of their cleverness.
- Poll: As Scott Brown pounds on immigration, NH Senate race closes to statistical tie Guy Benson 38 mins ago
- Conservative columnists agree: Go to war in Iraq and Syria, don’t occupy them Noah Rothman 1 hour ago
- Hagel: ISIS beyond “just a terrorist group … imminent threat” Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Want to go blind with rage? Read this letter from ISIS to the Foley family Noah Rothman 2 hours ago
- “Direct invasion”: Aid convoy enters Ukraine Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 12 hours ago