It's a problem of his own making. He decided that beating up on illegal immigrants would boost his popularity among those suspicious that he was really a moderate Republican. In doing so, he injected an issue into the campaign that had largely fizzled -- and for good reason. Illegal immigration is down to historical lows -- primarily because the U.S. economy continues...
I'm also sick and tired of Linda Chavez's PRO-illegal immigrant articles.Is she even an American citizen? Why is Townhall allowing her to voice this platform on their supposedly conservative and constitutionally-minded website? Does Townhall have an editor??? I'm outraged.
If Mitt Romney is to have any chance of beating President Barack Obama in November, he must win a larger share of the Hispanic vote than current polls suggest he will. And he won't unless he solves his immigration problem.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 4 hours ago
- Hill staffers hit errors galore as they try to sign up for ObamaCare Mary Katharine Ham 5 hours ago
- IRS: The evolution of a scandal in the president’s mind Mary Katharine Ham 6 hours ago
- Uh oh: House Democrats ready to blow up Obama’s nuclear deal with Iran? Allahpundit 7 hours ago
- Charlie Cook: This is one of the most dramatic shifts in a generic congressional ballot I’ve ever seen jeffdunetz 8 hours ago
- Chris Matthews: If South Africa’s apartheid government could see the error of its ways, why can’t the GOP? Allahpundit 9 hours ago