What This Election Means

UTDave Wrote: Nov 09, 2012 9:12 PM
You want to defeat the policies of BHO, allow them to be implemented. I know this is not going to be taken well but now is the perfect time to do it. We need to encourage Boehner to compromise...no...cave into all of Obama's demands. Let his policies pass and pass immediately. The sooner he can take full credit for the collapse, the quciker everyone will realize that these policies are a recipe for disaster. If we don't do it now, we will simply be seen as obstructionists and just get killed by the media. Even If the economy improves (as it has since the mid-term election. Coincidence?), BHO will take credit for it while Congress gets vilified. Make the move now.

Republicans Got the Shellacking We Deserve

UTDave Wrote: Nov 09, 2012 4:39 PM
The trouble with the Medical industry are touchy feely "mecical care is a right" people who have decided that this service should be exempt from the natural laws of market-driven economics. I dont want a lousy doctor just because he cares about me as a person. When I go to the doctor, I am looking to pay someone to perform a service. When you go to a car mechanic, do you try to find a good mechanic who can fix your car or a mechanic who cares about your car? This is just political correct garbage. If someone claims medical care is a right and you as a doctor must provide that care at a cost set by someone other than the provider, then that doctor IS a slave. I Not a slave in the traditional plantation sense but a slave nonetheless.

Republicans Got the Shellacking We Deserve

UTDave Wrote: Nov 09, 2012 4:25 PM
Corn and Grain???? You can't fix stupid so I won't even bother.

The Great Tax Divide

UTDave Wrote: Sep 19, 2012 10:35 PM
Please explain to me why the government should get the money that my family earned. Guesss what, The government didnt earn it either and probably already recieved taxes from it. The government has not right to that money....period! The fact that you work your butt and have very little is your problem, not the problem of someone who enherited money.
Limbaugh will always be the godfather, as Neil Bortz likes to call him. Hannity is a less intelligent knock-off of Limbaugh but hit the motherload when FOX News took off a decade ago. As Rush says, his show is show-prep for some talk hosts (like Hannity) . This article is dead on because there are many different "conservative" talk shows out there now with many different viewpoints. I like parts of all of them. However, Mike Church has really resonated with me over the past few years. He is on XM radio on the Patriot channel in the early AM. He brings a "Founding Father/Originalist" point of view to today's politics and it has really opened my eyes to the problems on both sides of the aisles. It is like getting a daily history lesson

Hollywood Star Embraces Incest

UTDave Wrote: Sep 12, 2012 4:26 PM
Amen brother!! That is what we have been saying for years! President - NAMBLA

Hollywood Star Embraces Incest

UTDave Wrote: Sep 12, 2012 4:20 PM
Don't forget Hotel New Hampshire where brother and sister Rob Lowe and Jody Foster end up having sex. I think the issue with all of the Hollywood depiction of incest is nothing like what it really is in real life according to what I have read. Most of it is between a father and daughter, usually a teenage daughter, and it is predatory, not consentual. The sad thing is that the way this is depicted in the movies takes away from the real damage this can do in real life. It really is sad and the left should have a little more empathy for the real victims.
"seal the borders" That is the statement that makes everything else possible. I am totally against illegal immigration (actually, I am gainst ANYTHING illegal). However, I realize the difficulty and cost associated with deporting millions of immigrants. I also realize that amnesty is COMPLETELY USELESS without a protected border. If you don't secure the border and perform mass amnesty, we will be right back in the same place 20 years from now that we are today. Bring the troops home from most foeign bases and secure the border. You can then have a rational discussion about amnesty!
There are more than just two choices for assistance to the less fortunate in our society...Federal government assistance or nihilism. I am sick of the left thinking that only the FEDERAL govt can provide assistance to the poor. They can't even deliver the mail efficiently but can manage these other giant programs effectively? If they could do the job, poverty would have been eradicated after 50 years. Is the left EVER going to actually measure the success of these programs to determine if they are working? Why don't we give the states, local government, private organizations, charities and religious organizations a chance to succeed where the Feds have failed. What we are doing is not working...and it is not Constitutional!
Corporations and the wealthy are the worst abusers? Who do you think pays for the "hope" being provided to blacks? It comes from the wealthy Sherlock. This ignorance of simple Economics by the left is absolutely astonishing. Of course, liberal public education has no real reason to teach economics. It will eat into their political base if people get wise to how the economy actually works.
Big myth...big business is affiliated with the GOP. They are affiliated with whatever party is in power. They usually contribute to both parties to hedge their bets so the corporate welfare will keep coming regardless of who wins. For every Haliburton out there loving on the GOP, there is a GE loving on the Dems. That will never change until you get eliminate all corporate welfare and all corporate taxes.