How is it that the party of Lincoln, a party that led the way in opposing slavery, Jim Crow laws, lynching, the KKK, poll taxes, led the way on integration and voting rights for black Americans, and percentage wise, voted for the 1964 Civil Rights Act in greater numbers than Democrats is now only getting about 10% of the black vote? Democrats say racism, but any objective observer would quickly discard that explanation given the significant number of popular black Republicans. If even a large percentage of Republicans were racist, certainly Allen West, Herman Cain, Clarence...
There are more than just two choices for assistance to the less fortunate in our society...Federal government assistance or nihilism. I am sick of the left thinking that only the FEDERAL govt can provide assistance to the poor. They can't even deliver the mail efficiently but can manage these other giant programs effectively? If they could do the job, poverty would have been eradicated after 50 years. Is the left EVER going to actually measure the success of these programs to determine if they are working? Why don't we give the states, local government, private organizations, charities and religious organizations a chance to succeed where the Feds have failed. What we are doing is not working...and it is not Constitutional!
- John Roberts doesn’t believe either Scalia or Ginsburg could be confirmed today Jazz Shaw 33 mins ago
- Publisher rips New York Times for snubbing David Limbaugh’s book Noah Rothman 2 hours ago
- How to lose a war before it begins Noah Rothman 3 hours ago
- Putin: I could have troops in Kiev… Warsaw and Bucharest Jazz Shaw 5 hours ago
- NFL Week 3 open thread Ed Morrissey 6 hours ago
- Daniele Watts won’t apologize, but how about the media? Jazz Shaw 8 hours ago