How is it that the party of Lincoln, a party that led the way in opposing slavery, Jim Crow laws, lynching, the KKK, poll taxes, led the way on integration and voting rights for black Americans, and percentage wise, voted for the 1964 Civil Rights Act in greater numbers than Democrats is now only getting about 10% of the black vote? Democrats say racism, but any objective observer would quickly discard that explanation given the significant number of popular black Republicans. If even a large percentage of Republicans were racist, certainly Allen West, Herman Cain, Clarence...
There are more than just two choices for assistance to the less fortunate in our society...Federal government assistance or nihilism. I am sick of the left thinking that only the FEDERAL govt can provide assistance to the poor. They can't even deliver the mail efficiently but can manage these other giant programs effectively? If they could do the job, poverty would have been eradicated after 50 years. Is the left EVER going to actually measure the success of these programs to determine if they are working? Why don't we give the states, local government, private organizations, charities and religious organizations a chance to succeed where the Feds have failed. What we are doing is not working...and it is not Constitutional!
- Democratic Colorado governor exalts Obama’s pool game, is not helping Noah Rothman 42 minutes ago
- Begich: Hey, I’m a thorn in Obama’s … whatever Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Josh Earnest: We’re the most transparent administration ever, no matter what journalists say Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Paul vs. Perry, Round 2: Rand says Rick is ‘stuck in the past’ Noah Rothman 2 hours ago
- Israel shoots down Hamas drone as escalation continues Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 15 hours ago