How is it that the party of Lincoln, a party that led the way in opposing slavery, Jim Crow laws, lynching, the KKK, poll taxes, led the way on integration and voting rights for black Americans, and percentage wise, voted for the 1964 Civil Rights Act in greater numbers than Democrats is now only getting about 10% of the black vote? Democrats say racism, but any objective observer would quickly discard that explanation given the significant number of popular black Republicans. If even a large percentage of Republicans were racist, certainly Allen West, Herman Cain, Clarence...
I watched it. The first two people did expouse racist views, without a doubt. They were also about 80 years old and come from a different era that has long since faded away. Actually, they actually represented a minority of even the group that was interviewed. However, you take those two comments and state they represent the face of the GOP. Do you realize how dangerous that is and how easily it can be turned against the Democrats. I have yet to see comments like this on the comments section of this site either. If you want to see the cause of the divisiveness in this country or why we can't have an intellectual conversation about real problems in this country, go look in the mirror.
- Reading 2.0: There’s an app for that Jazz Shaw 4 minutes ago
- China draws its own “red line” …on North Korea Erika Johnsen 1 hour ago
- IRS to give up, release all Lerner e-mails, documents Jazz Shaw 3 hours ago
- Ukraine: Another 3 AM wake-up call going unheeded Ed Morrissey 4 hours ago
- Welfare reform is officially on life support in NYC Jazz Shaw 6 hours ago
- Why won’t the White House explain how off-budget ObamaCare money got spent? Ed Morrissey 7 hours ago