The Pulitzer judges who would rather swallow rat poison than give an award to a conservative outlet, such as The Washington Times, are bestowing kudos on a site that thrives on such celebrity dreck as "Miley Shows Off Legs in...
The Pulitzer Prize and the Nobel Peace Prize have both been politicized to a point where its like getting a prize from a social club one may belong to, like The Elks, or the American Legion. Its too bad too, the Prize was something for writers and journalists to aspire to once. I'm just finishing up an 8 week mass media class (tremendous work-load, I can tell you), and I thoroughly enjoyed skewering mainstream media sources for much of it. I found many of the other students expressed an interest in how to access surveys, studies, scholarly articles (journals, white papers, etc..) and historic sources to scrutinize media stories. They were all over it, it was great to see.
Once upon a time, it meant something for a reporter to be called a "Pulitzer Prize-winning journalist." The prestige of this designation is quickly eroding. The 2012 Pulitzer Prizes looked less like an excellence-in-media competition and more like an exercise in leftist self-affirmation. No prize established this more strongly than the coveted National Reporting prize going to ... The Huffington Post.
- Obama: Hey, all these red-state Democrats running away from me are strong supporters who vote with me! Mary Katharine Ham 37 mins ago
- “Walking Dead” grumble thread: The ultimate gross-out Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- Scary news from MoveOn: If Republicans win the Senate, they might use a dubious procedure known as “reconciliation” Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- Should a minority elect an executive? Maine edition Jazz Shaw 3 hours ago
- Video: Scarborough thinks Hillary’s lack of competition is what will hurt her Jazz Shaw 3 hours ago
- Tina Brown: Obama makes women feel ‘unsafe’ Noah Rothman 4 hours ago