Since Barack Obama's re-election, hundreds...
Just an aside: Sickles went on to serve as a politically appointed general during the war. His appointment was almost a given. Secretary of War Edwin Stanton had previously successfully defended Sickles against a murder charge for killing his wife's lover, Francis Barton Key. First successful case of temporary insanity. Later Sickles incompetently led his men out from the line into the peach orchard at Gettysburg where they were mauled by confederate flanking fire. Sickles' leg was shattered by a 12-pounder solid shot and had to be amputated. The leg is still on display today at Walter Reed Army Medical Center. Sickles visited his leg every year until his death.
For decades, it has been obvious that there are irreconcilable differences between Americans who want to control the lives of others and those who wish to be left alone. Which is the more peaceful solution: Americans using the brute force of government to beat liberty-minded people into submission or simply parting company? In a marriage, where vows are ignored and broken, divorce is the most peaceful solution. Similarly, our constitutional and human rights have been increasingly violated by a government instituted to protect them. Americans who support constitutional abrogation have no intention of mending their ways.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 8 hours ago
- Video: Sharyl Attkisson wants to know where the illegal immigrant children have gone Jazz Shaw 10 hours ago
- Video: Cruz presser at AFP summit Ed Morrissey 11 hours ago
- Video: Pete Hegseth on VA scandal, ISIS threat at AFP’s Defending the Dream summit Ed Morrissey 13 hours ago
- California Dem moves to outlaw some civilian body armor Jazz Shaw 14 hours ago
- Don’t count Rob Ford out just yet Jazz Shaw 16 hours ago