Since Barack Obama's re-election, hundreds...
Just an aside: Sickles went on to serve as a politically appointed general during the war. His appointment was almost a given. Secretary of War Edwin Stanton had previously successfully defended Sickles against a murder charge for killing his wife's lover, Francis Barton Key. First successful case of temporary insanity. Later Sickles incompetently led his men out from the line into the peach orchard at Gettysburg where they were mauled by confederate flanking fire. Sickles' leg was shattered by a 12-pounder solid shot and had to be amputated. The leg is still on display today at Walter Reed Army Medical Center. Sickles visited his leg every year until his death.
For decades, it has been obvious that there are irreconcilable differences between Americans who want to control the lives of others and those who wish to be left alone. Which is the more peaceful solution: Americans using the brute force of government to beat liberty-minded people into submission or simply parting company? In a marriage, where vows are ignored and broken, divorce is the most peaceful solution. Similarly, our constitutional and human rights have been increasingly violated by a government instituted to protect them. Americans who support constitutional abrogation have no intention of mending their ways.
- Open thread: Sunday morning talking heads Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Quotes of the Day Jazz Shaw 12 hours ago
- Would-be victim delivering pizza thwarts would-be robbery with her concealed weapon Erika Johnsen 14 hours ago
- The EPA is charging $75,000/day over a private citizen’s pond, but don’t you worry about their revisions to the Clean Water Act Erika Johnsen 15 hours ago
- Christie jacking up tax on e-cigarettes Jazz Shaw 17 hours ago
- Interview with Al Baldasaro Jazz Shaw 18 hours ago