Truth is, they really don't want K-12 teachers knowing that much. What they want is a marginally educated 'proctor' who merely administers course content that is developed elsewhere. This way, the 'teacher' cannot exercise discretionary decision-making vis-s-vis the individual student. They have no input in any of the course material.This is not teaching, its conditioning. Read: Pavlov's dog. My stepson had huge problems with his 10th grade U.S. history teacher. When I had a conference with him, the guidance counselor, and the asst. principal, it became painfully apparent he had no clue about U.S. history. I wiped the floor with him. What was his degree in? Physical Education. I cr@p you not.
American education is in a sorry state of affairs, and there's enough blame for all participants to have their fair share. They include students who are hostile and alien to the education process, uninterested parents, teachers and administrators who either are incompetent or have been beaten down by the system, and politicians who've become handmaidens for teachers unions. There's another education issue that's neither flattering nor comfortable to confront and talk about. That's the low academic preparation of many teachers. That's an issue that must be confronted and dealt with if we're to improve the quality of education. Let's look at...
- The government doesn’t know how many empty buildings it owns — just that they’re costing us billions Erika Johnsen 38 minutes ago
- WSJ/NBC poll: Americans now think sugar is a bigger health threat than marijuana Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- Video: Former Republican governor of California invites you to crush things in his tank Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- Markey: Natural gas exports, grow the economy? Pish tosh! Erika Johnsen 2 hours ago
- CNN source: Yes, the Malaysian jet sent engine data hours after it disappeared; AP source: No, it didn’t Allahpundit 3 hours ago
- Video: Ron Paul defends Crimea’s referendum on annexation by Russia Allahpundit 3 hours ago