1 - 10 Next
In response to:

To Quarantine or Not to Quarantine?

USNbubblehead Wrote: 2 hours ago (11:50 AM)
The defense department thinks so, because military leaders are by necessity pragmatists. When you take chances with half measures, people get killed. Its as simple as that. Our civilian leadership used to be more like that as well, but now its all about what's politically expedient, rather than risk management. This can be stated more simply. Their hold on power is far more important to them than the health and safety of any one of us. I think this is more compelling proof (if anyone needed any more) that rights of individuals, as defined by our founders, mean nothing to such folks.
In response to:

Kaci Hickox, Self-Absorbed Hero

USNbubblehead Wrote: 22 hours ago (3:55 PM)
A democrat and a nurse. Sounds to me like she likes telling other people what to do. But when someone tells her what to do? Not so much.
In response to:

Kaci Hickox, Self-Absorbed Hero

USNbubblehead Wrote: 22 hours ago (3:53 PM)
"Ms. Hickox’s petulant reaction to a very minor inconvenience launches an entire question of the mindset of some health care workers." Not just healthcare workers. I'd venture to say that a majority of our citizens, having lived in this country that has given them a fairly safe life (FAR safer than anywhere else, except maybe Canada), simply do not take such things seriously anymore. One of the reasons for this is the 'its always someone else's fault' mentality that we've seemed to adopt. Enter the Lawyers, who profit handsomely from that very attitude. Heck, this whiny bimbo is already threatening to sue.
In response to:

Our Make-It-Up World

USNbubblehead Wrote: Oct 30, 2014 11:53 AM
Its children who typically live in a make-believe world. Remember that the next time these libs tell you they're 'the the adults in the room.'
Outstanding!
That's a point I've been making. Even if the propeller-heads say there's nothing medically to be gained from such bans, they WOULD work to reassure the public, and that's every bit as important. If we were being led by experienced leaders, they would know this, but, of course, we're not. I wouldn't expect physicians and other medical professionals to understand this either; its not their area of expertise. Furthermore, they are so focused on their area of expertise, that they simply cannot see outside of it. This is why we elect leaders: to look beyond one set of facts and to see the whole picture. Reassuring the public at large is part of this 'bigger picture.' But then, 0 is an hack academic with no leadership experience. Should we really EXPECT him to see the big picture? Of course not, which is why he never should have gotten the job in the first place.
I don't know a single person who is all balled up about ebola. I DO, however, know scores of people who are mad at the rank incompetence on display by this administration. As usual, the MSM is covering for him. They've become nothing more than the propaganda wing of the Democrat (aka Marxist Socialist) party. I don't believe what they say any more than I do what the government says. They are, after all, one in the same. And this government has shown itself to be baldfaced liars.
Ummmm...oops.
I know, what a silly piece of childish nonsense that was.
His lousy base is made up of 80% useful idiots and those with their hands out. The other 20% are hardcore Marxist socialists. I shake my head every day when I think about how I joined the military to, in part, stop the spread of communism, when here they were at home undermining things all along.
1 - 10 Next