In Ferguson, a Race to be Wrong

USNbubblehead Wrote: Aug 20, 2014 2:22 PM
"That video is almost surely irrelevant to Wilson's state of mind, since the police said he didn't know about the shoplifting incident. It is, however, inconvenient from the martyrdom angle." And it has everything to do with how Brown may have reacted to Wilson once he was stopped.

Policing a Riot

USNbubblehead Wrote: Aug 20, 2014 2:17 PM
You ought to know. Such an insult coming from a person like yourself is utterly meaningless. Now go crawl back under the stove.

Policing a Riot

USNbubblehead Wrote: Aug 20, 2014 12:57 PM
Read about state and federal laws regarding the handling of evidence, you idiot. In my state the CAN'T by law! The whole case would be thrown out (and charges filed against the leaker). Its quite obvious that none of that make a bit of difference to you. Of course, you're an expert on baby brains, having one yourself.

Policing a Riot

USNbubblehead Wrote: Aug 20, 2014 12:13 PM
Another thing to consider here is whatever Missouri state law says about the divulging of evidence of on going investigations to the public. In my state, N.H., law enforcement is prohibited in doing so while an investigation is active at the state or federal level. This may be why they didn't 'trot him out' so far. I'm sure we'll find out one way or another.

Policing a Riot

USNbubblehead Wrote: Aug 20, 2014 12:01 PM
We'll see, won't we?

Policing a Riot

USNbubblehead Wrote: Aug 20, 2014 11:50 AM
"That may well mean he was violent and dangerous, but even violent people should be brought to trial, not gunned down. " If the story of Office Wilson's eye socket being blown out by Brown turns out to be true, that, along with witness testimony of Brown attacking and trying to gain control of the officer's weapon, than I'd have to say that the shooting would seem to be justified. I'm against a militant police-state too, John, but let's not throw the baby out with the bathwater in our rush to judge.
If they've declared war on us, congress should declare war on them; they're fair game. It shouldn't be too much of an issue as ISIS/ISIL has declared themselves a state actor. Declaring war on them is a lot more concrete than declaring war an a concept, like terrorism. Of course we'll do no such thing. At least until they hit us. Remember folks, Al Qaeda declared war on us some eight years before 911. How long do we wait this time?

The Ferguson Feeding Frenzy

USNbubblehead Wrote: Aug 20, 2014 10:15 AM
"Of course, Audie Murphy and Ernie Pyle would know real bullets when they saw them." OOOoooooohh! That's going to leave a mark! You know a 'journalist' is absolutely clueless when they can't tell earplugs from rubber bullets. This whole Ferguson fiasco is one of the biggest media hackfests I've ever seen.
Good points Paolo (honestly), but there's plenty of time to examine that, IMHO. Let's at least let the dust settle and give the family time to grieve and move on. I know there's a tendency to 'strike while the iron's hot' or risk the public losing interest, but sometimes we have to pass on opportunity to do the right thing.
Yeah, I've got to say that I neither want nor need the graphic details of William's death. As a matter of fact, I don't really want to hear anything more about it. Let the family grieve in peace. Although I thought rather highly of the man for what appeared to me a really down-to-earth and humble character, I'm not surprised at it being a suicide; the guy always seemed to have a deep sadness within him. You could see it in his eyes. I found it to be a very sad end to what I perceived to be a good guy. This morning, even the Weather Channel was still covering it. Give it a rest already.