For a day. But within hours, the administration account deflated...
I'm ending all my posts (well, most of them, at least) with the cry of "Remember Benghazi!" Benghazi is the Alamo of our time, and this is as good a battle cry as any. We should never forget the desperate cries for help as a few brave Americans fought for their lives and the lives of others for seven HOURS! Unlike their leaders, these incredibly brave people gave their last, full measure of devotion. The decision to hang them out to die to cover-up the transfer of SA-7 AA missiles to Syrian rebels will live in the annals of infamy. Never have I heard of our people being betrayed to this extent by our own government, except perhaps some of our servicemen stranded in Cambodia in the early 70's. My heart burns with outrage. Remember Benghazi
The first statements from the Obama administration about what happened in Benghazi seemed plausible. There were, after all, protests throughout the Muslim world on the anniversary of 9/11 -- some incited by Islamists using an obscure video to arouse anti-American fervor in the mobs, and some, no doubt, just pelting U.S. embassies on general principles. When the administration explained that one of those protests had spun out of control and led to the murder of our ambassador and three other Americans in Libya, there seemed no reason to doubt it.
- Scarborough: Obama saying he has no strategy against ISIS is a tactic straight out of “The Art of War” Allahpundit 40 mins ago
- Ed Henry goes there: Why is Obama fundraising after admitting he has no ISIS strategy? Noah Rothman 1 hour ago
- Change: Obama set to delay executive amnesty until after the midterms? Allahpundit 2 hour ago
- End of an era: Chelsea Clinton leaves NBC Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Inside the collapse of Obama’s Syria ‘strategy’ Noah Rothman 3 hours ago
- Politico, WaPo, ABC: This “no strategy” comment will do serious damage Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago