For a day. But within hours, the administration account deflated...
I'm ending all my posts (well, most of them, at least) with the cry of "Remember Benghazi!" Benghazi is the Alamo of our time, and this is as good a battle cry as any. We should never forget the desperate cries for help as a few brave Americans fought for their lives and the lives of others for seven HOURS! Unlike their leaders, these incredibly brave people gave their last, full measure of devotion. The decision to hang them out to die to cover-up the transfer of SA-7 AA missiles to Syrian rebels will live in the annals of infamy. Never have I heard of our people being betrayed to this extent by our own government, except perhaps some of our servicemen stranded in Cambodia in the early 70's. My heart burns with outrage. Remember Benghazi
The first statements from the Obama administration about what happened in Benghazi seemed plausible. There were, after all, protests throughout the Muslim world on the anniversary of 9/11 -- some incited by Islamists using an obscure video to arouse anti-American fervor in the mobs, and some, no doubt, just pelting U.S. embassies on general principles. When the administration explained that one of those protests had spun out of control and led to the murder of our ambassador and three other Americans in Libya, there seemed no reason to doubt it.
- Video: Nothing to see here: Obama is “Faithfully executing the laws” Jazz Shaw 43 minutes ago
- Congressman Bob Goodlattte assures us that there is no impeachment in the offing Jazz Shaw 2 hours ago
- The border crisis isn’t Obama’s Katrina – it’s worse Noah Rothman 3 hours ago
- Uh oh: Moscow claims Ukraine attack inside Russian territory killed civilians Noah Rothman 5 hours ago
- The Lerner Files: “smidgens upon smidgens” of corruption Jazz Shaw 6 hours ago
- Afghan interpreters who aided US in danger of being left behind Jazz Shaw 8 hours ago