Defining Life

USMC (Ret) Wrote: Jul 23, 2014 1:07 PM
don't say you cannot. It is more factually correct to say you will not. It is a choice (pun unintened) you have made.

Defining Life

USMC (Ret) Wrote: Jul 23, 2014 1:01 PM
God is pro science. There are mentoins of objects being made up of what is seen and unseen. Sounds like atoms and molecules to me.

Defining Life

USMC (Ret) Wrote: Jul 23, 2014 12:57 PM
Many misread the "Judge not lest ye be judged..." Some because they don't understand the context, but most in an attempt to escape from consequences (scorn among them) of their actions. The quote is about judging your righteousness (holliness) against that of another person. We are only to judge that against the holliness of God himself. And when we do we find ourselves lacking in all ways. If we weren't to rightly devine right from wrong we would judge nothing at all.

Defining Life

USMC (Ret) Wrote: Jul 23, 2014 12:48 PM
FLMC states that he does not believe in a loving and merciful God, then in rebuttal claims he worships God the father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit. So FLMC, is the God you worship a cold and merciless spirit who torments man for fun? Or, because of mans' folly, sin entered, the earth was cursed and the creation was corrupted. Which might just explain why natural loss during conception and pregnancy occurs and should not be multiplied for choice and convenience by the selfishness of others?

Defining Life

USMC (Ret) Wrote: Jul 23, 2014 12:41 PM
petri dishes fit well in pockets while you carry grandma to safety.

Defining Life

USMC (Ret) Wrote: Jul 23, 2014 12:39 PM
I would put it to you (supposed) Dr. That while your brain may not feel pain, I wonder if it processes common sense?

Defining Life

USMC (Ret) Wrote: Jul 23, 2014 12:37 PM
And in the cases where a fertilized egg is naturally passed, or a zygote is naturally aborted, neither of them were murdered (killed) by another person.
Oh absolutely! The Israelis should just lay down their weapons and march themselves into the sea. Then the peaceful palistinians and hamas could finally rest easy at night.

Apology to an Anti-Chicken Bigot

USMC (Ret) Wrote: Jul 18, 2014 8:48 AM
While in the USMC, I used to perform duties as an "Initial Review Officer". It required me going to the brig to determine if those who were locked up before trial (pre-trial confinement) should be released or retained. One young female Judge Advocate General (JAG) was really going to town with objections, citing cases and previous decisions (all of which she supposedly was involved in - as counsel) in an attempt to get her client released. I wasn't sold as the commander had sound reasoning for the confinement. The event ended with the JAG demanding that I provide her with copies of my notes, a detailed account of my decision, and full information on my history as a Marine Officer..... I thanked her for an enjoyable afternoon, informed her that "normally I don't watch the TV show JAG (and that she reminded me why), turned down her demand on all counts, and dismissed her from the office. She was also around 28.