Romney and the Rapist

USMC LM Wrote: Aug 29, 2012 2:18 AM
The confusion, sir, is yours. Dr Adams maintains the position that the innocent are not punished for the crimes of the guilty regardless of circumstance. That is what is known as a principled position. It is a line in the sand from which neither he, nor I, nor millions of Americans will retreat from. Our ethics are not situational they are founded in an absolute and unwavering truth that all innocent life should be spared and all those guilty should be punished.

Risky Business

USMC LM Wrote: Aug 29, 2012 2:10 AM
If there was true competition (i.e. no insurance for annuals and other items that we know are coming) then not only would doctors advertise, they'd run specials!

Risky Business

USMC LM Wrote: Aug 29, 2012 2:09 AM
Sir, i have to respectfully disagree with your position that surgery shouldn't be "sold". If you look at plastic surgery over the last ten years (not covered by insurance, unless connected to an accident or something like that) the cost has come down significantly while quality has gone up. This is due to the innovation that has taken place as that industry looks for more efficient way to do the same things. This has also lead to new technological developments that are beneficial to everyone. This could be replicated with any other form of healthcare. The govt needs to get out of the way and let entrepreneurs figure out a way to bring down cost with PROFIT as their motive. Those profits are what fund research and development.

Risky Business

USMC LM Wrote: Aug 29, 2012 2:08 AM
Sir, I have to respectfully disagree with your position that surgery shouldn't be "sold". If you look at plastic surgery over the last ten years (not covered by insurance, unless connected to an accident or something like that) the cost has come down significantly while quality has gone up. This is due to the innovation that has taken place as that industry looks for more efficient way to do the same things. This has also lead to new technological developments that are beneficial to everyone. This could be replicated with any other form of healthcare. The govt needs to get out of the way and let entrepreneurs figure out a way to bring down cost with PROFIT as their motive. Those profits are what fund research and development.

Risky Business

USMC LM Wrote: Aug 29, 2012 2:00 AM
I like the way Dennis Miller said it on the Jay Leno show; I want to help the helpless. I don’t give a rat’s a$$ about the clueless. I have a hard time supporting people who can work but don't. The truly needy and helpless break my heart and I make sure I do what I can for them in a myriad of ways. The lazy and indolent can starve and be homeless.

Risky Business

USMC LM Wrote: Aug 29, 2012 1:56 AM
If these things were not a part of MANDATED coverage competitors in the market place would drive the cost lower than what a negotiation could. If I had the choice as to which lab I wanted to use that would create a situation whereby you could actually find yourself in a "Walmart" situation where entrepreneurs would set up a "big box" operation and lower costs for EVERYONE through quality and volume. Anytime the govt gets involved in anything the costs will rise.

The Psychology of Liberal Intolerance

USMC LM Wrote: Aug 28, 2012 8:31 PM
I agree with this but I am not sure if this is a conscious thought on the part of most lefties. I have a hard time believing they know they are being intolerant. I think they believe so much of their own BS that they cannot recognize the hipocrisy of their position on anything. Each group spends most of their time listening to, reading, and communicating with those of like beliefs. The major difference between conservatives and lefties is that conservatives weigh what they believe against an objective TRUTH. If that belief does not stand up to scrutiny most of us will abandon it and incorporate the newly discovered truth into our positions. The problem is that it leaves the door open for us to be called flip-floppers (cont)

Republicans Can’t Duck Abortion Issue

USMC LM Wrote: Aug 28, 2012 12:39 PM
Imagine that instead of exercising her "right" to choose to end the life of another human being she, instead, exercise her CHOICE to keep her clothes on and not have sex. Then we wouldn't have half the problems with the entitlement programs that we do.

Republicans Can’t Duck Abortion Issue

USMC LM Wrote: Aug 28, 2012 12:36 PM
Surely you are not so ignorant you can believe that immigration (even when you presuppose that all illegals are doing nothing but adding to the economy) can make up for the death and loss of economic out put of 53 million US Citizens that have been murdered (aborted) since 1973.
Can you give just one example of the FRC "demonizing" ANYONE?