It's not appropriate to give a person devoted to personal moral evil a statement like "Liberals are moved by outrage at what is wrong with their society".
Liberals are moved by a lust for power and a desire for personal caprice. If not, then why do almost every part of this list, the Planks of the Communist Manifesto by Marx, fit Democrat dogma:
1. Abolition of property in land and application of all rents of land to public purposes.
2. A heavy progressive or graduated income tax.
3. Abolition of all right of inheritance.
4. Confiscation of the property of all emigrants and rebels.
5. Centralization of credit in the hands of the State, by means of a national bank with State capital and an exclusive monopoly.
6. Centralization of the means of communication and transport in the hands of the State.
7. Extension of factories and instruments of production owned by the State; the bringing into cultivation of waste-lands, and the improvement of the soil generally in accordance with a common plan.
8. Equal liability of all to labor. Establishment of industrial armies, especially for agriculture.
9. Combination of agriculture with manufacturing industries; gradual abolition of the distinction between town and country, by a more equitable distribution of the population over the country.
10. Free education for all children in public schools. (Indoctrination, in other words.)
We've seen what national socialism (6.67 Planks) and Soviet communism (8.17 Planks) produced. When someone is motivated by evil, you don't claim they are motivated by good, i.e., concern for others, which would be required to be " moved by outrage at what is wrong with their society". The crop of liberals that got started in 1993 cares nothing for others. Others are simply tools to them.