There is a continuum in these firearms rights issues:
1. Majority, the civilized world: occasional or rare possession as a privilege, with deaths rare. That's sensible. All else is degrees of lunacy.
2. Mine: widespread possession as a privilege under a graduated tax with penalties for misuse, http://www.mjbarkl.com/repeal.htm , with deaths diminished but not rare
3. All U.S. gun control groups: occasional, minimal regulation against a right, hoping to reduce gun deaths.
4. NRA, et al.: unfettered right with regulation waning under Heller, widespread deaths don't matter
5. 1,000 or so U.S. Hate groups: we have guns, you die.
Basically, whether deliberately or through neglect, Senator Rubio supports murder.