David16953 Wrote:
Mar 11, 2013 1:14 PM
I live in the peoples republic of kalifornia. It is illegal here to buy a gun from a private party. All firearm sales must go through a FFL dealer. The seller must bring the firearm to the gun store and leave it with the dealer. The buyer must fill out all the federal and state DROS forms (dealer record of sale) and then it all sits for ten days. The buyer pays the dealer $25 to $100, the state collects $25 for the DROS form processing and then the buyer gets to pay sales tax on the whole transaction. The only transfers possible without state control are within a family.