What bugs me is that Obama and Congress are going absolutely bonkers over NOT a cut, but a spending reduction from anticipated spending of 2.4%
That's the equivalent of reducing a family budget spending of about only a couple of thousand bucks per annum. Brought down to a family level, it goes something like this.
1. Family income (revenue) let's say for purposes of an example = 50,000 bucks per year.
2. Family SPENDING = $100,000.
3. Reduction planned = 2.4% of spending = $2,400.
4. Revised spending plan = $97,600.
5. Revenue still = $50,000
6. Added debt beyond revenue = $47,600.
I don't know of any family that would be stupid enough to do THAT!