Is anybody asking who will pay for the pay increase? If employers are forced to raise wages plus pay more in payroll taxes the have to chose from the following as offsets:
1. Reduce their profit margin. (don’t count on this one)
2. Reduce the number of employees. (likely)
3. Increase prices. (very likely)
4. Close facilities or even the business.
5. Stop producing items with low profit margin.
6. Use offshore labor. (I’ve considered this one)
7. More options that don’t come to mind.
If minimum wage laws are so effective, why not set the minimum to $100 or $200 per hour?