If you want an honest government:
1) Select Representatives by means of a draft lottery, qualifications for inclusion to the pool of prospective draftees to be determined by each state.
2) Repeal the 17th Amendment. Give the selection of Senators back to the state legislatures, with the addition of term limits and the right of recall by the state Governor, the state legislature, and plebiscite.
3) Remove the pay and benefits of federal legislators and staff from the federal domain. The state sending these people to Congress should be paying 'em.
4) No 'retirement pay' for federal or state legislators at any level.
5) All laws apply to legislators as well as citizens.