Jobs are created by making things or providing a service here. They go elsewhere when it can be preformed for less.
The cost to do something here has several components:
1. What you take home
2. What you and your employer have to pay the state, local and federal agencies. (taxes)
3. What it costs your employer to follow the regulations. (SDI, Workman’s comp, OSHA, Health Care, etc.)
4. Cost of capital
5. Cost of energy, resources and supplies.
6. CHI (Currency Health Indicator)
7. Allowing a training system for employees in manufacturing like the apprentice system.
If Government laws raise any of those costs, you lose.
If Government laws lower any of those costs you win.
It is that simple.