Indeed - and I'd add, in exchange for the above:
- An end to birthright citizenship
- Expedited deportation proceedings for those found to be in the country illegally, with mandatory detainers on anyone found to be here without a visa
- An end to chain-migration
- An end to EITC credits for any illegal
- No welfare payments for non-citizens (certain refugees exempted.)
- Limits on overseas wire transfers
Not every illegal alien is evil - but many, many of them are - and if we can put 5m on the path to citizenship, and deport the 10m criminals, I'm willing to make that compromise ...