OwlCreekObserver Wrote:
Jan 23, 2013 10:24 AM
A few years ago the state of Illinois passed a law that required all residences to have a carbon monoxide detector within 15 feet of every bedroom. The cost to homeowners and landlords was about $30 to $40 per detector for each bedroom in the residence. I did a little digging to see how many people in the state died from CO poisoning the previous year. The answer was eight. So the state required its citizens to spend hundreds of millions of dollars because eight people died. If THAT isn't a prime example of "the state knows best" mentality, I don't know what is. Oh, and guess who was a major contributor to Democrat campaigns that year? It was the nation's leading manufacturer of smoke and carbon monoxide detectors of course.