A few comments if I may:
1. It would appear that the RNC is split between those that see God as a higher power and those that see the RNC as a higher power - placing winning elections over principle.
2. Those that place winning over principle will continue to "dance with the party what brung them".
3. Those that place principle over winning will eventually leave the RNC and form a third party....the environment is ripe for it.
4. Once that happens, the RNC can kiss any chance of winning in the future good-bye - we will be dominated by the DNC for the long term.
5. So if those that value winning over principle really want to win, they better move toward the social conservatives because the reverse will never happen.