Wedge issues that support Constitutionalism, and were never used by Romney:
1) School choice - immensely popular among blacks and Latinos
2) "all people are created equal" - properly explained defuses the LGBT arguments
3) Freedom of religion - religious liberty explained is popular among evangelicals and other devout faiths - would have addressed Obamacare mandates
4) Healthcare - freedom of choice means employers should not have anything to do with your insurance. You choose a policy that suits you (Fluke), and get a tax deduction up to a certain amount. Everybody gets what they want.
5) Immigration reform - a spelled out policy that provided a clear rules for green card, worker permit, citizenship for some, border enforcement, etc.