- Third-shortest life expectancy at birth; behind only Denmark and Portugal.
- Highest carbon dioxide emissions and water consumption per capita.
- Second-lowest score on the World Economic Forum's environmental performance index; behind only Belgium and Denmark.
- Highest rate of failure to ratify international agreements.
- Lowest spending on international development and humanitarian assistance (we donate 1% a year of GDP to aid foreign countries).
- Highest military spending as a portion of GDP
- Largest international arms sales
- Third-lowest scores for student performance math, behind only Portugal and Italy, and far from the top in both science and reading.
- Second-highest school dropout rate; behind only Spain