Marriage was designed
1. to make the union the most meaningful,
2. to be a model of the relationship between Christ and the church,
3. to be a cement mortar for intimacy, to keep things simple, and to
4. provide a stable relationship both for the adults
5. and a safe environment for children to be reared in the way they should go.
The reward comes from wanting God to bless the exclusive union; and from being selfless in one's pursuit of the marriage covenant and its requirements. [to be continued...]