In my small town we needed an Algebra teacher. What we got was an English teacher who had trouble with a calculator. Needless to say, most student cannot even use a tape ruler. Was always asked to hire kids for summer work. After awhile had to stop. Kids were dumb as a brick. This is not to say we are without those with intelligence. However, they have to learn on their own, and to their credit they do. They need to hire these kids and fire the teachers. Are you aware the US Constitution specifically states that education is the direct responsibility of the individual States. Why do governors even allow anyone from the Federal Government into the State? Probably money; to hell with the children!
American education is in a sorry state of affairs, and there's enough blame for all participants to have their fair share. They include students who are hostile and alien to the education process, uninterested parents, teachers and administrators who either are incompetent or have been beaten down by the system, and politicians who've become handmaidens for teachers unions. There's another education issue that's neither flattering nor comfortable to confront and talk about. That's the low academic preparation of many teachers. That's an issue that must be confronted and dealt with if we're to improve the quality of education. Let's look at...
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 9 hours ago
- EPA exonerates Christie administration in obscure bridge-related offense someone made up Mary Katharine Ham 10 hours ago
- California energy companies are getting the heck outta’ dodge and moving to Texas Erika Johnsen 11 hours ago
- CNN poll: 58% oppose abortion in most or all cases Ed Morrissey 11 hours ago
- Video: Rand Paul’s very libertarian speech at CPAC Allahpundit 12 hours ago
- RNC Chairman talks tactics, the GOP’s technological gap, and how the March for Life “was a little bit of a wake-up call” Dustin Siggins 13 hours ago