The White House is promoting the extension of the Bush Tax Cuts for the middle class (which should really be called the Obama-Bush Tax cuts, since Obama extended them in 2010) as exactly that, tax cuts. But the truth is, an extension of the tax cuts wouldn't be a cut at all, but would keep tax rates at the current rate. The Obama admnistration is implying on the official WhiteHouse.gov website that a tax cut is coming for the middle class when in reality if a deal is made by January 1, middle class families won't see a tax...
In response to:
Look, there is no reason that I would want to live any place other than the U.S. but I have to admit that we do not have the best standard of living any more. I just spent a month in Holland and Amsterdam and they live far better than most in the U.S. They are also happier, have better health care which is free, and work hard but make good livings. They have incredible infrastructures, schools, and Universities. I spent many hours talking to locals and they just dont understand how a major modern society can have the problems that we do with covering our citizens for health care or the level of violence here.
- Be of good cheer, subjects: An heir to the throne is due Allahpundit 39 minutes ago
- Megan McArdle goes off on suspicious Census Bureau/Obamacare methodology switch Guy Benson 1 hour ago
- Chris Christie on punishing drug users: If we’re going to be pro-life, let’s be pro-life all the way Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- The encore ObamaCare victory lap after the not-a-deadline-extension Erika Johnsen 2 hours ago
- Eric Cantor: Obama and I totally had an angry conversation about immigration yesterday Allahpundit 3 hours ago
- America’s new labor battle: SEIU versus … Media Matters Allahpundit 3 hours ago