The White House is promoting the extension of the Bush Tax Cuts for the middle class (which should really be called the Obama-Bush Tax cuts, since Obama extended them in 2010) as exactly that, tax cuts. But the truth is, an extension of the tax cuts wouldn't be a cut at all, but would keep tax rates at the current rate. The Obama admnistration is implying on the official WhiteHouse.gov website that a tax cut is coming for the middle class when in reality if a deal is made by January 1, middle class families won't see a tax...
In response to:
Look, there is no reason that I would want to live any place other than the U.S. but I have to admit that we do not have the best standard of living any more. I just spent a month in Holland and Amsterdam and they live far better than most in the U.S. They are also happier, have better health care which is free, and work hard but make good livings. They have incredible infrastructures, schools, and Universities. I spent many hours talking to locals and they just dont understand how a major modern society can have the problems that we do with covering our citizens for health care or the level of violence here.
- S.E. Cupp: It’s a myth that conservatism is hostile to atheism Allahpundit 48 minutes ago
- Chuck Todd: Democrats and Republicans should be embarrassed by this impeachment nonsense Guy Benson 1 hour ago
- GAO investigation: Why, yes, the Healthcare.gov disaster was the result of terrible government management Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- Rand Paul calls out MSNBC… on MSNBC Noah Rothman 2 hours ago
- Ted Cruz meeting with House conservatives to try to block Boehner’s border crisis bill Allahpundit 3 hours ago
- Liberal interventionists silent on ISIS’s medieval brutality Noah Rothman 4 hours ago