The White House is promoting the extension of the Bush Tax Cuts for the middle class (which should really be called the Obama-Bush Tax cuts, since Obama extended them in 2010) as exactly that, tax cuts. But the truth is, an extension of the tax cuts wouldn't be a cut at all, but would keep tax rates at the current rate. The Obama admnistration is implying on the official WhiteHouse.gov website that a tax cut is coming for the middle class when in reality if a deal is made by January 1, middle class families won't see a tax...
In response to:
Look, there is no reason that I would want to live any place other than the U.S. but I have to admit that we do not have the best standard of living any more. I just spent a month in Holland and Amsterdam and they live far better than most in the U.S. They are also happier, have better health care which is free, and work hard but make good livings. They have incredible infrastructures, schools, and Universities. I spent many hours talking to locals and they just dont understand how a major modern society can have the problems that we do with covering our citizens for health care or the level of violence here.
- Reading 2.0: There’s an app for that Jazz Shaw 54 minutes ago
- China draws its own “red line” …on North Korea Erika Johnsen 2 hours ago
- IRS to give up, release all Lerner e-mails, documents Jazz Shaw 3 hours ago
- Ukraine: Another 3 AM wake-up call going unheeded Ed Morrissey 5 hours ago
- Welfare reform is officially on life support in NYC Jazz Shaw 6 hours ago
- Why won’t the White House explain how off-budget ObamaCare money got spent? Ed Morrissey 8 hours ago