The White House is promoting the extension of the Bush Tax Cuts for the middle class (which should really be called the Obama-Bush Tax cuts, since Obama extended them in 2010) as exactly that, tax cuts. But the truth is, an extension of the tax cuts wouldn't be a cut at all, but would keep tax rates at the current rate. The Obama admnistration is implying on the official WhiteHouse.gov website that a tax cut is coming for the middle class when in reality if a deal is made by January 1, middle class families won't see a tax...
In response to:
rewriting history neither helps us nor gets us elected. The reality is that we have to stop telling ourselves that much of this wasnt cause by Bush's policies (remember the ownership society that encouraged too many to buy homes they couldnt afford)? Remember the wars we fought at the rate of $2billion/week without paying for them? Remember Part D or "No child left behind", both unfunded. No, I am afraid that we can tell ourselves these stories but the American people are not buying it and no longer am I. Mitt should have won in a landslide but people just dont believe us any more.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 4 hours ago
- There will be nothing from the president tonight on the beheading of an American journalist Update: Statement tomorrow Mary Katharine Ham 4 hours ago
- Spot the problems with these headlines: NYT edition Mary Katharine Ham 5 hours ago
- Video: The day John McCain did the robot Allahpundit 6 hours ago
- Poll: 82% think it should be illegal to let your nine-year-old play at the park unsupervised Allahpundit 7 hours ago
- “Heads up high”: The Cumberland Little League consolation speech Allahpundit 8 hours ago