The White House is promoting the extension of the Bush Tax Cuts for the middle class (which should really be called the Obama-Bush Tax cuts, since Obama extended them in 2010) as exactly that, tax cuts. But the truth is, an extension of the tax cuts wouldn't be a cut at all, but would keep tax rates at the current rate. The Obama admnistration is implying on the official WhiteHouse.gov website that a tax cut is coming for the middle class when in reality if a deal is made by January 1, middle class families won't see a tax...
In response to:
OK, blame who you want but I believe in taking responsibility for my (and our) errors and miscalculations. I know what assets I had when Bush left and I know how much I have now. When Bush left, my son and daughter in law and just gotten laid off and now they are both working in good jobs. When Bush left office, we were in two wars, had unfunded mandates and the unemployment rate was skyrocketing. His last month in office, we lost over 700,000 jobs.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- Sotloff “fixer”: Americans never contacted me after his abduction Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- David Cameron to Scotland: Baby, don’t go. Mary Katharine Ham 2 hours ago
- Confirmed: You can tell someone’s politics by their body odor Allahpundit 3 hours ago
- Oh my: I think Romney’s going to run, says top Wall Street backer Allahpundit 4 hours ago
- Election forecasters bearish on GOP? Senate models looking more Democratic by the day Noah Rothman 4 hours ago