The White House is promoting the extension of the Bush Tax Cuts for the middle class (which should really be called the Obama-Bush Tax cuts, since Obama extended them in 2010) as exactly that, tax cuts. But the truth is, an extension of the tax cuts wouldn't be a cut at all, but would keep tax rates at the current rate. The Obama admnistration is implying on the official WhiteHouse.gov website that a tax cut is coming for the middle class when in reality if a deal is made by January 1, middle class families won't see a tax...
In response to:
OK, blame who you want but I believe in taking responsibility for my (and our) errors and miscalculations. I know what assets I had when Bush left and I know how much I have now. When Bush left, my son and daughter in law and just gotten laid off and now they are both working in good jobs. When Bush left office, we were in two wars, had unfunded mandates and the unemployment rate was skyrocketing. His last month in office, we lost over 700,000 jobs.
- Obama not grasping the seriousness of the Foley murder, says … Chris Matthews? Ed Morrissey 49 mins ago
- Decision to release details of failed raid to free James Foley backfires on White House Noah Rothman 1 hour ago
- Philadelphia mayor prepares to fund Russian mob with new cigarette tax Jazz Shaw 2 hours ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 11 hours ago
- Yep: MSNBC would react quite differently if Tea Partiers threw rocks at them Mary Katharine Ham 12 hours ago
- Finally: George W. Bush takes the ALS Ice Bucket challenge Allahpundit 13 hours ago