First, some points about the limits of polls. Random sample polling is an imprecise instrument. There's an error margin of 3 or 4 percent, and polling theory tells us that one out of 20 polls is wrong, with results outside the margin of error. Sometimes it's easy to spot such an...
As a recovering pollster (I worked for Democratic pollster Peter Hart from 1974 to 1981), let me weigh in on the controversy over whether the polls are accurate. Many conservatives are claiming that multiple polls have overly Democratic samples, and some charge that media pollsters are trying to discourage Republican voters.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- Video: Media loves Sotomayor’s passion Mary Katharine Ham 3 hours ago
- CRS report: The administration has missed 44 of its own ObamaCare deadlines Erika Johnsen 4 hours ago
- Coming soon to the Nevada desert: “BundyFest”? Allahpundit 5 hours ago
- Oh, was yesterday Earth Day? Erika Johnsen 5 hours ago
- Chris Hayes: In a way, abolishing global warming is like abolishing slavery Allahpundit 6 hours ago