Secretary of State Hillary Clinton will return to the State Department next week after three weeks of recovery from a stomach virus and a related concussion, The Cable has confirmed.
Clinton's ongoing recovery will still prevent her from flying abroad, but will allow...
GOP House members have stonewalled on the debt limit and harmed the country's credit rating, then demanded that sequestration cuts be adopted as part of the deal to resolve the crisis they created. They wanted huge budget cuts then, but don't seem to want them now, especially if the budget cuts might hurt their own sacred cows. If the White House and congress really wanted to solve the federal budget crisis, they would do nothing. At the end of the year, the Bush tax cuts would expire and federal spending cuts would go into effect, impacting all parts of the federal budget.
Sec. Clinton has been noticeably absent for the past few weeks because of an illness and related concussion she sustained from fainting. Daniel Halper over at The Weekly Standard dedicated an entire post to wondering where the secretary of state has been and if we’ll even see her again before she leaves office. The answer is yes:
- US Attorney to Cuomo: Witness tampering and obstruction are still illegal, you know Ed Morrissey 17 minutes ago
- House GOP abandons border crisis bill, can’t find 218 votes; Update: One more try? Allahpundit 58 minutes ago
- ObamaCare caused some premiums to nearly double in California Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- CIA confesses: Yeah, we hacked the Senate’s computers Noah Rothman 2 hours ago
- Bill Clinton, September 10, 2001: I could have killed Bin Laden once but called it off because of civilian casualties Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- Is Hamas calling it quits? Noah Rothman 3 hours ago