What President Obama has been pushing for, and moving toward, is more insidious: government control of the economy, while leaving ownership in private hands. That way, politicians get to call the shots but, when their bright ideas lead to disaster, they...
Government should regulate industry. Its when they start choosing winners and losers that there is a problem. GE comes to mind. If there is a problem, create a regulation, then (here is the rub) enforce the regulation! Instead of enforcing, Government, as a way to look like they are doing something either holds hearing (yawn) or creates more regulation. Only the ethical companies comply until the regulation is so ridiculous no one can comply or it gets too costly to comply. Government then says, "We have to take over." Can't believe people still don't see this! Amazing set of rose-colored glasses you must have!
It bothers me a little when conservatives call Barack Obama a "socialist." He certainly is an enemy of the free market, and wants politicians and bureaucrats to make the fundamental decisions about the economy. But that does not mean that he wants government ownership of the means of production, which has long been a standard definition of socialism.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 9 hours ago
- Kochs’ next dastardly deed: Creating good public defenders for low-income accused Mary Katharine Ham 10 hours ago
- Reading the early voting tea leaves: Republicans closing the gap Mary Katharine Ham 10 hours ago
- White House to red-state Democrats: Don’t blame Precious if you lose Allahpundit 11 hours ago
- ISIS mortar shells now landing in Baghdad’s Green Zone Noah Rothman 12 hours ago
- SCOTUS to consider police searches of hotel registries Jazz Shaw 12 hours ago