As Obama stood next to the world's most recognized democracy icon, he mispronounced her name repeatedly. Ever gracious, Suu Kyi did not correct her American guest for calling her Aung YAN Suu Kyi multiple times during his statement to reporters after their meeting. Proper pronunciation for the Nobel laureate's name is Ahng Sahn Soo Chee. The meeting came after Obama met with Myanmar's reformist new President Thein Sein - a name he also botched. As the two addressed the media, Obama called his counterpart "President Sein," an awkward,...
Liberalism 101 Lesson 91: (new edited version) As lesson 26 states: When all else fails, blame Bush. Or Cheney, if Halliburton is mentioned. Invoking the infamous “you’re a Nazi” card works well in the same vein when attacking knuckle dragging, hayseed peasant obstructionists. Not to mention that it’s an unfortunate fact of life that evil genius Karl Rove will infest the nightmares of Statist/Socialist/Progressives for generations to come.
- Eric Cantor gives up, will resign from Congress early Noah Rothman 29 minutes ago
- 72-Hour ceasefire in Gaza lasted just 90 minutes Noah Rothman 1 hour ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 11 hours ago
- Ebola: First case coming to America Mary Katharine Ham 11 hours ago
- Wisconsin Supreme Court upholds Gov. Scott Walker’s signature Act 10 in its entirety Mary Katharine Ham 12 hours ago
- Is Romney poised for a comeback? Allahpundit 13 hours ago