Democrats don’t have the 51 votes they need in the Senate to change filibuster rules that could make it harder for the GOP minority to wield power in the upper chamber. Lawmakers leading the charge acknowledge they remain short, but express optimism they’ll hit their goal. “I haven’t counted 51 just yet, but we’re working,” said Sen. Tom Udall (D-N.M.), a leading...
In response to:
And don't forget that the Soviets had to come hat in hand to beg for food from us when their collectivized farms failed, every year for tthe next 50 years... ...You are we going to go to when collectivization fails for us?
- February jobs report – 175,000 jobs added, 6.7% unemployment Steve Eggleston 14 minutes ago
- CPAC: Cruz meets the bloggers; Update: CPAC speech added Ed Morrissey 54 minutes ago
- New education plan: Take the “tricky vocabulary” out of the SAT exam Jazz Shaw 1 hour ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 10 hours ago
- Rubio: Only one nation can stand up to the wave of totalitarianism Ed Morrissey 12 hours ago
- HHS: Why, no, we are not measuring the very metric ObamaCare was passed to improve Mary Katharine Ham 13 hours ago