Democrats don’t have the 51 votes they need in the Senate to change filibuster rules that could make it harder for the GOP minority to wield power in the upper chamber. Lawmakers leading the charge acknowledge they remain short, but express optimism they’ll hit their goal. “I haven’t counted 51 just yet, but we’re working,” said Sen. Tom Udall (D-N.M.), a leading...
In response to:
Altidude Wrote: 24 minutes ago (5:03 PM) "Here is the topic.......Filibuster this : GOP is in need of a complete make over due to the huge and growing demographic of "others" unlike you. You are NARROW and getting old plus your kids do not agree with your hate .....ONE black guy at Mitts headquarters in Boston election night...You can not hide it. You will just call me racist...that's all you got .... " Once more, for the mentally arthritic: I did not vote for Jimmy Carter because he is white. I did not vote for Water Mondale because he is white. I did not vote for Micheal Dukakis because he is white. I did not vote for Bill Clinton because he is white. I did not vote for Algore because he is white. I did not...
- This could be the most embarrassing New York Times editorial ever Noah Rothman 34 mins ago
- IG: Secret Service op on behalf of employee in neighborhood dispute “problematic” Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Jeanne Shaheen’s victory lap on chemical weapons in Syria exposes ignorance Noah Rothman 1 hour ago
- Autopsy shows Michael Brown shot twice at close range Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Christie “tired of hearing about the minimum wage.” Mistake? Jazz Shaw 2 hours ago
- Dems: We’re keeping Pelosi even if we lose Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago