Democrats don’t have the 51 votes they need in the Senate to change filibuster rules that could make it harder for the GOP minority to wield power in the upper chamber. Lawmakers leading the charge acknowledge they remain short, but express optimism they’ll hit their goal. “I haven’t counted 51 just yet, but we’re working,” said Sen. Tom Udall (D-N.M.), a leading...
In response to:
Altidude Wrote: 24 minutes ago (5:03 PM) "Here is the topic.......Filibuster this : GOP is in need of a complete make over due to the huge and growing demographic of "others" unlike you. You are NARROW and getting old plus your kids do not agree with your hate .....ONE black guy at Mitts headquarters in Boston election night...You can not hide it. You will just call me racist...that's all you got .... " Once more, for the mentally arthritic: I did not vote for Jimmy Carter because he is white. I did not vote for Water Mondale because he is white. I did not vote for Micheal Dukakis because he is white. I did not vote for Bill Clinton because he is white. I did not vote for Algore because he is white. I did not...
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 8 hours ago
- Media Matters not super-keen on SEIU unionizing its employees Mary Katharine Ham 8 hours ago
- Video: How removing one regulation created hundreds of jobs in Mississippi Mary Katharine Ham 9 hours ago
- The EPA confirms: GHG emissions are down, largely thanks to… Erika Johnsen 10 hours ago
- CBO: Uhm, about Obama’s FY2015 budget proposal… it’s way more expensive than the White House claimed Erika Johnsen 10 hours ago
- Jay Carney: The toughest interview Obama had in 2012 was with … Jon Stewart Allahpundit 11 hours ago