David3036 Wrote: 2 minutes ago (4:05 AM) "Can you view that clip and honestly believe that Bill Nye was "making fun" of anyone? Bill Maher makes fun of religious people all the time -- that's one of his shticks -- but I watched that whole show, and Nye was just trying to point out that people who believe in a 6,000-10,000 year old earth are simple WRONG. The earth is about 4.5 billion years old, and while that is not an exact figure, it can be PROVEN that it's very close to the truth." Just because a group of thelogians from the bronze age cooked up the idea that the Earth is 6 to 10,000 years old doesn't mean every Christian on the planet buys it as the gospel... ...But, on the other hand, carbon dating doesn't tell us the true age of anything. You can carbon date the steel in the hood of your car and it'll tell you that it's billions of year old, what it won't tell you is when it was refined into steel and formed into the hood of your car.
- Video: Sharyl Attkisson wants to know where the illegal immigrant children have gone Jazz Shaw 1 hour ago
- Video: Cruz presser at AFP summit Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Video: Pete Hegseth on VA scandal, ISIS threat at AFP’s Defending the Dream summit Ed Morrissey 4 hours ago
- California Dem moves to outlaw some civilian body armor Jazz Shaw 5 hours ago
- Don’t count Rob Ford out just yet Jazz Shaw 7 hours ago
- New York’s new gun laws returning unexpected results Jazz Shaw 8 hours ago