David3036 Wrote: 2 minutes ago (4:05 AM) "Can you view that clip and honestly believe that Bill Nye was "making fun" of anyone? Bill Maher makes fun of religious people all the time -- that's one of his shticks -- but I watched that whole show, and Nye was just trying to point out that people who believe in a 6,000-10,000 year old earth are simple WRONG. The earth is about 4.5 billion years old, and while that is not an exact figure, it can be PROVEN that it's very close to the truth." Just because a group of thelogians from the bronze age cooked up the idea that the Earth is 6 to 10,000 years old doesn't mean every Christian on the planet buys it as the gospel... ...But, on the other hand, carbon dating doesn't tell us the true age of anything. You can carbon date the steel in the hood of your car and it'll tell you that it's billions of year old, what it won't tell you is when it was refined into steel and formed into the hood of your car.
- Turkish parliament to vote on joining anti-ISIS coalition Ed Morrissey 22 mins ago
- SCOTUS blocks extended early voting options in Ohio Jazz Shaw 1 hour ago
- US, Afghanistan sign security agreement; 9800 US troops to stay Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 11 hours ago
- By the way: U.S. troops have landed in West Africa to fight Ebola Mary Katharine Ham 11 hours ago
- Cheer up, Eric Holder: You’re only the third-most-hated Obama Cabinet official Noah Rothman 12 hours ago