Mitch McConnell, the Senate Republican leader, says he “burst into laughter” Thursday when Treasury Secretary Tim Geithner outlined the administration proposal for averting the fiscal cliff. He wasn’t trying to embarrass Geithner, McConnell says, only responding candidly to his one-sided plan, explicit on tax increases, vague on spending cuts.
Geithner’s visit to his office left McConnell discouraged about reaching a “balanced” deal on tax hikes and spending reductions designed to prevent...
If you cannot see it, you haven't bought much lately...
- Pointless Person of the Year list missing some options Jazz Shaw 55 minutes ago
- Running on Obamacare… away from the election Jazz Shaw 1 hour ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 10 hours ago
- Ryan and Murray announce budget deal Mary Katharine Ham 11 hours ago
- Alan Grayson scammed out of millions…for the second time Mary Katharine Ham 12 hours ago
- Doom: Obama’s approval hits new low, congressional Dems in trouble in new Quinnipiac poll Allahpundit 13 hours ago