Earlier this week, President Obama called for even higher taxes on wealthy Americans in the future to tackle our massive debt and deficit problems even after hiking taxes on 77 percent of Americans in the fiscal cliff deal. Now, ethics challenged Rep. Maxine Waters, who is now the second most powerful member on the House Banking Committee, is following in Obama's footsteps by calling for further soaking of the rich through taxes on Ed Schultz's radio show. Laughably, Waters also suggests the massive cost of Social Security and Medicare can be offset by taxing the rich, even though confiscating...
In response to:
Liberalism 101 Lesson 129: As Liberalism 101 Lesson 97 states: “There is literally nothing we will not consider when striving to relieve the peasant masses of their overabundance, by demonizing CO2; we have even found a way to tax the very air that they breathe.” It just so happens that with the passage of our Glorious Dear Leader’s “Affordable Healthcare Act” (As our Glorious Dear Leader has noted when addressing our stalwart union kamrads, the “Affordable Healthcare Act” will be a “backdoor” to Liberal/Marxist/Progressives long coveted Universal State run Healthcare for all) we can now use the power of the Internal Revenue Service as an arm of the All Encompassing State to force the peasant rubes to purchase a product from a...
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 5 hours ago
- Last straw: ObamaCare now ruining baseball Mary Katharine Ham 6 hours ago
- US reconfirms policy of not paying ransoms to terrorists for abducted Americans Ed Morrissey 6 hours ago
- Jake Tapper: Getting a conviction against Darren Wilson could be an ‘uphill battle’ Noah Rothman 7 hours ago
- NYT poll: 65% of whites, 80% of blacks say police shouldn’t have military-style weapons Allahpundit 8 hours ago
- In effort to shield Obama from criticism on ISIS, White House makes everything worse Noah Rothman 8 hours ago